Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLZZZZ

• Please log in to reply

SUHIPSUHIP

SUHIPSUHIP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK I just did a complete reinstall of windows XP pro on a Toshiba Satellite M115 -S1061 and im trying to connect to to the internet without any luck....Can anyone solve this prob i still have yet to install the drivers but i cant unless i have an internet connection...I know i can download the drivers and put it on a flash drive and then put it on the CPU, but id rather just do it one time instead of wasting my time doing it that way . If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. I have all ready tired direct connect to the laptop and got nothing but limited connectivity error.

Thx 4 reading

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi SUHIPSUHIP! Welcome to G2G!

You will need to download at least the drivers for the network adapter and put them on a flash drive and transfer them over to your laptop so that you can get online with it and download the rest of the drivers for your laptop.

Also, the fact that you have no network adapter driver installed would cause the direct connect that you tried to not worth either, since the ethernet port is not working period until the driver is installed.

Fenor