Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

How to Monitor the Shared Folders in a Domain Environment

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi guyz.

I am working in a development company and we are a software product based company. Due to this reason it is highly required to protect our source code form alteration as well as stealing because this is the intellectual property of our company. We have defined Access right on the main Source Code databases folder which is a Visual Source Safe database and has given rights on the need only basis (In VSS Application).

1. But I also want to protect our source code form collusion attack. I want that how can I monitor and detect if any user share a folder on his/her system? Is there any tool that can be deployed for this?

2. Can we monitor the contents of any file which is being downloaded or uploaded?

I am sure there will many ppl who are working in the same environment as I am i.e. a software development company so I would like to ask you how you guys have protected your source code specially form copying and taking it outside. It will be helpful for me if you can share your security structure.