Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware that makes the background blue with a message [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

HeyJon

HeyJon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I followed the steps but when I was in services the Printer Spooler was not their. Reminds me a lot about how the desktop tab had originally disappeared. I then tried to run net star spooler but a box comes up and instantly disappears and then nothing else happens. Any other ideas?

And also thank you so much for basically fixing my computer, besides this one little annoyance.

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello.. Not sure why your printer is not working.. You might need to uninstall and then re-install its driver.. I suggest you to get further assistance at our Hardware, Components and Peripheral forum.. Just tell them about your printer problem.. Link below.. If you have no more question, I'm gonna close this thread..

http://www.geekstogo...pherals-f9.html

Regards
fenzodahl512

HeyJon

HeyJon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
OK thank you for everything :)

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Ok.. before we close this thread, lets do some cleanup..

Please download OTCleanIt and save it to Desktop.
  • Double-click OTCleanIt.exe
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes

Lastly, to keep your operating system up to date please visit the link below monthly

Please read these excellent articles by miekiemoes :
Help! My computer is slow!
How to prevent Malware

And another excellent article by CastleCops Malware Prevention: Prevent Re-infection

Please reply to this thread once more and tell us about the computer behaviour before we can close this thread :)

Have a safe and happy computing day!

Regards
fenzodahl512

HeyJon

HeyJon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Cleaned off everything, the computer is running very smoothly with all the problems fixed. Thank you so much for helping me it is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.