Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lower My Refresh Rate

• Please log in to reply

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have an Ubuntu box connected to my "tube" tv and have it set to display a cloned screen onto the tv. I have it working except that after about thirty seconds the right side of the screen starts to get a yellow tint that continues to darken until I stop the clone. It then fades back to normal at about the same rate. I think this is because the tv doesn't like the refresh rate but I could be wrong. I currently have the computer running at 800x600@56 mhz refresh. Anyone know the problem?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This may be because the tube in the TV isn't tolerant enough. Depending on where you are located a European TV is based around 50 refreshes a second whereas American TVs are 60 refreshes a second. A lower refresh rate may help and it's worth a try.