Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Temporary Ad-Hoc Set up for Xbox 360 and LIVE

• Please log in to reply

Funnyhalo

Funnyhalo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I have been working on this for awhile, and can find nothing to help me, and I can not figure out how to do this.
I am trying to set up an ad-hoc network with my laptop being the host. I am currently in a hotel room with wireless connections availible, but horrible with connection problems. The hardlines work fine. So, I have an xbox 360 wireless adapter, and I am attempting to set up an ad-hoc network on my laptop, which is connected via a hardline. I have allready bridged both the wireless connection and the hardline, and set up an ad-hoc network with my laptop as the host. IT should be working.

Im going to try to describe the web(no pun intended) of how my network is set up.

Hardline connects to laptop ethernet port>>>>>Laptop via ad-hoc transmits network which accesses internet via hardline>>>>>>Xbox 360 via wireless adapter attempts to connect to Ad-hoc network transmitted via my laptop, to no avail due to IP problems.

Everything on my laptop is set to automatic DHCP settings. I am currently in a move, and when I get out of this hotel, I will have access to my router and will no longer need this. So I cannot buy a new router just for this occasion. I can also not use a hardline to connect my 360 to my laptop, as it is too far away. Via my 360, I keep getting an IP Adress test failure. Can anyone help me with making my 360 successfully connect to my 360?

If anyone can help me via email, My email is Funnyhalo@yahoo.com. Either way is fine. For me, it is now time for bed, because I have a horrible headache caused by this. Thanks in advance.