Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus?

• Please log in to reply

cher1234

cher1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
yes, I have tried dir a:
When you gave me the userinit file to upload from the A drive, I kept getting 0 files copied, 0 files found for the path you gave me. So, I used dir a: to find if the file was on the disk. When I looked on the floopy from another computer the file was there.

I'm not sure what to do from here.
What will make my computer work?
Is this something you think you can help me with. Is there anyone else with geeks to go that might have more suggestions?

Should I try what i've found on the internet about a missing userinit file?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
You haven't actually answered my question, does the computer we want to transfer the file to see the file on the floppy when you use dir A:

If you think you are better off elsewhere, I'm not holding you back.

Regards,

cher1234

cher1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Look, I sense a bit of rudeness in some of your texts. I'm not sure if i'm interpreting it wrong- which is easy to do over the internet. I'm just trying to fix my computer. I appreciate your help, i'm just extremely frustrated it's taking so long to fix... so any attitude from your end doesn't make it any better, if that's in fact what's going on. ;0)

To hopefully answer your question, my computer does recognize the A drive. BUT it does not see all the files on the disk.

I need solutions. If you know of other people to contact that can help me, i'll take that to. I've used you guys before and you've been very helpful. I don't have any doubt you can find the solutions. I'm just not sure why you're giving me the run-around. All the info is there that's been happening to my computer. I've gone on the internet to see what solutions are out there, and i've found some. But because of my limited knowledge i'm not sure which ones will work or not. So, I would love it if, as you posted on June 13th, "If you want me to have a look at solutions you found that might work. I gladly will look if they can be used in your case. "

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
We probably have a language barrier then.

I would love to see you get back in full control of that computer again.
But everytime I think of a way a new obstacle comes out of the blue and that is frustrating for me too.

Give me a link to what you found and I'll let you know if that is feasible in my eyes.

I have been trying to mimick this approach:
http://www.jsifaq.co...9100/rh9123.htm

That gives a solution for a very similar problem.
Sofar I have tried everything I know to get a Userinit.exe copied to your drive and failed miserably.

Regards,