Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ANOYING sound that any sound device makes

• Please log in to reply

sumguy111

sumguy111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
anything i plug into the sound output plug will make a REALLY anoying screeching sound. i dont really know how to explain the sound but its on top of the normal sounds. for example: if im listening to a song then i can quitely hear the song but i can also hear the loud scressching noise. if i plug in my headphones then i can still hear that sound. this screeching noise will appear even if i have nothing playing, as long as the speakers are turned on.

i have tried googling this problem, no luck. tried asking frends, no luck. if anyone here can help me it would be GREATLY appreciated.

thnx

Edited by sumguy111, 23 August 2008 - 09:32 AM.

Advertisements

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Hi sumguy111,

have you tried un-installing & re-installing the sound driver?

are you using an on-board sound card or an add-on PCI sound card?

krs1 :)

sumguy111

sumguy111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ya i tried reinstalling sound drivers. apperntly my sound card is built into my motherboard. i tried the volume control setting and seems that when i mute "CD sound" the sound gets much quieter, but i can still hear it in the backround.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well you could try rapping the cord in tinfoil for some extra insulation to see if it's something in the environment that is bleeding across.... haven't heard of this happening recently but I use to.... beyond that you may need get an add on sound card ... the built in ones can be very cheep.