Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

This is a THANK YOU!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
:) :) :)

To the helper who's motto is "Just get-er-done"

Yes I'm all SMILES!

I had printed down your advice, and then I could follow word for word, well tried it all but could not make it work...finally only one thing was left for me to do in "Sounds & Audio Device Properties"
Very bottom I changed what could be read to
Tried a midi, and there is was playing away... I nearly cried with sheer joy!

So for anyone else who wants to relive old midis and can't....
do as I was told, and then if you still have problem of not playing tried what I did...GOOD LUCK!

Go in CONTROL PANEL, open "SOUNDS and AUDIO devices.
Click "AUDIO", at the very bottom where you read
"Midi Music Playback", it reads"
Sound MAX Wavetable Synth

Change this to read "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth"

You got it! You will now be able to play old midi music files but some may sound somewhat thinnie! Still!

I want to thank all the "Geeks to Go" those special people who help us.
Many thanks to the gent, I think, am I correct? The gent who got me going in the right path!

Thank you again,
Maddie....back to listening to Zucchero, and did not make any adjustments between the two format of music.
Can anyone live without music?

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,640 posts
Hi Maddie,

Thank you for posting your appreciation. That is what keeps us going. :)
SRX660 (I think you mean him?) is a real asset and we are glad to have him on the team.