Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

updating my video drivers and stuff...

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I'm trying to figure out how to update my video drivers on my computer, but I'm running into problems with it. The ASUS website (it's an ASUS G2S laptop) has a program of sorts that is supposed to help detect what new drivers and upgrades my computer needs, but I am unable to download it. Firefox simply won't launch the download application. Internet explorer says it doesn't have permission to download it (or something to that effect). I've tried looking for the drivers on the website without the tool, but it asks me for a specific version of Vista (either 32 or 64 bit). I am unsure which version I currently have on this computer.

Can I get some advice or help on this matter?

I have a copy of the dxdiag information if that would be helpful too.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,588 posts
Go to your desktop and right click on computer and then select properties. In the new window, look about half way down the right hand pane under the section called "system". It lists system type. Should be 32 or 64-bit operating system. At the top it also displays operating system version info.

Go here and input the info for you laptop. It will take you to the drivers section. Look under "vga" for your drivers. They only have 32-bit drivers available.