Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connecting pc to tv - no audio

• Please log in to reply

markgodley

markgodley

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey,

Im connecting my pc to my tv through dvi > hdmi cable picture goes across ok.

Im trying to send audio from my pc to my tv to play out of the tv. Im using a red and white jack into my tv to a green single jack into my pc labled "front speakers" on pc but i cant get sound :)

i get that box that says how are u connecting speakers bla bla

tried every combonation,any ideas?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried plugging that cable into the audio ports in the back?

markgodley

markgodley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yes. Firstly i plugged my headphones into the port labeled "front speakers" on my sound card to make sure it was working correctly.

I then got a single jack which goes into a white and red and connect pc to tv and no sound.

My tv manual says when using hdmi 3 to use the audio 3 which i am

Really dont get it. :)

CrazyIvan007

CrazyIvan007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
So your computer is fine, it is the TV. Check the manual, you probably have to disable HDMI Audio and enable the RCA Input Audio.

markgodley

markgodley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
so the output on the pc is definatly the one that my headphones was working from?

just want to make sure thats the right port before i start messing with tv settings

thanks

CrazyIvan007

CrazyIvan007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
well if you could hear sound on your headset when plugging in there, then yea...it is sending out audio. The TV is what is not ouputting sound then if when you plug in your TV (right affter headset works), it doesn't work.