Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it safe to allow advertisers on my blogspot?

• Please log in to reply

withgratitude

withgratitude

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I wish to set up a blog spot (yes me with my limited knowledge of computers; however I do love to write). In the process of setting up my blog page there was an offer to allow advertisers that would pay me. I understand that visitors to my blog would have to actually click on the advertisement/s and I would get paid per hit. The ads would be relevant to my blog's forum.

That all being said- my question is: How vulnerable does this make my computer to viruses (or the visitors' computers)?

Also, is a blog spot considered a web page?

I do appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi there and welcome to the site!

I don't know much about blogging and advertising since I don't do any of those but I've made some simple research for you.
I found a blog about advertising safety and the blogger presents some guidelines on how to be safe when it comes to accepting advertising offers.
It's short and easy to understand. And it comes from a fellow blogger.
Here it is http://www.adampelle...dvertising.html

Hope that helps!

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
yeah u can safely add google adsense and other ads... it is considered as a webpage but u wont be given preference like that of owning a domain name

withgratitude

withgratitude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi there and welcome to the site!

I don't know much about blogging and advertising since I don't do any of those but I've made some simple research for you.
I found a blog about advertising safety and the blogger presents some guidelines on how to be safe when it comes to accepting advertising offers.
It's short and easy to understand. And it comes from a fellow blogger.
Here it is http://www.adampelle...dvertising.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your response and research. It was very helpful.

withgratitude

withgratitude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

yeah u can safely add google adsense and other ads... it is considered as a webpage but u wont be given preference like that of owning a domain name

Thank you for responding to both questions. Has adsense been reliable with payments? It was nice of you to share your blog.