Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing the default email client in XP

• Please log in to reply

allimaree

allimaree

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to help a friend with her computer problem. She wants to send photos from a from a disk that came from Walgreens. We followed the steps provided with the application. She wants to send the photos through an email, not from their website. We encountered a problem when we had to change the default email. We went to Internet Tools, then internet options, and then looked at the choices and it turns out that the default is listed as Microsoft Outlook--she does not even use this program and I am not familier with it. Her main ISP is ATT but she wants to use AOL for free email, as she is familier with all the features. AOL or ATT are not listed as one of the defualt choices. How do I help her do that --ie change the default email back to AOL. Any suggustions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks so much in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally you fire up the program you want as default email and in its options you can specify it to be the default.
Thing to remember with AOL is that its a complete solution packaged up as being a standalone program when in actual fact it's doing everything on the website.

allimaree

allimaree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for your fast reply, I knew it had to be something so simple. She has a new virus and popup blocker program and it is giving her fits with AOL, and that could also be contributing to her problem.