Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA not responding after cleaning

• Please log in to reply

Brokennothing

Brokennothing

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone. I was looking for some help regarding my computer predicament at the moment. I will post a pre-written description of what I am experiencing:

Cleaned my computer, unplugged wires, loaded up windows and it isnt detecting my SATA drive which was working?

Any ideas as to the solution of my predicament? To go into more detail: I was cleaning my (self built) computer with compressed air and a vacuum. Computer and all drives were working correctly/properly prior to my disconnecting and cleaning PC. Upon reconnecting my computer, I found it unable to power up (meaning not able to turn on through convention means i.e. power switch, or alternative). Though trial and error, I determined it was the power supply causing the problem, and rectified such. The computer turns on fine now, and my RAID 0 (IDE) setup is also functioning properly, though they are not listed on my BIOS IDE list, which I found interesting, though I am unaware if it was listed prior. I enabled SATA RAID 1-4, etc.

Now, upon my current situation, I have all my information and settings in tact through my RAID 0 drives (two 80GB-IDE), while my 250GB SATA drive is not being recognized by windows, though a safely remove hardware prompt suggests it is, in some form, present. Upon clicking the safely remove hardware prompt, it lists the "drive" model number, and just to the left of it is a picture which resembles a C with a cable plugging in to the middle of it from the right side of the picture ( C- ). So obviously, I am trying to get windows to acknowledge that my drive is present, while maintaining the information present within the drive.

K8N Neo2 Platinum.
AMD 4000+.
Geforce 7800GS.

Hard drive not functioning WD2500KS.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and let me know if you need any more information. Thanks!

Additional Details

Tried resetting BIOS to "optimized defaults," which is the only option on my motherboard, then only changing the SATA (for my RAID) to enable, to no avail.

Advertisements

Brokennothing

Brokennothing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Fixed. Thank you.