Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply

mymoneytalks

mymoneytalks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had just bought and installed trend micro internet security 2008, I then began to run a full system scan, when programs began to freeze internet explorer froze, and evrything started to go really slow. So I left it alone for a min then everythig vanished, the start menu icons on my desktop, all of it was gone, so then I took the battery out of the laptop and then put it back in, but when i cut it back on the vaio screen pops up and sits there for along time and then it says unable to find operating system

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
It looks like you have somehow erased some data on your hard drive. You will have to install Windows Vista again from scratch. You will need to insert the Vista installation disk and see if it can recover itself. You will be faced with this menu. Posted Image try recover but if that doesnt work you will have to lose all your work and reinstall vista.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
What happens when you keep hitting the F8 key while your computer is booting up. Can you get to where it shows this srceen:

Posted Image

If you can get there try using the arrow keys to go to "Last Known Good Configuration" and see if the OS comes back. If that does not work you may have to try getting into safe mode and see if you can uninstall the Trend micro program, then restart the computer.

There are other methods but these 2 are the fastst and easist methods to try getting the OS back.

SRX660