Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"The Handle is invalid " Error

• Please log in to reply

lWildfirel

lWildfirel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Fixed

Title says it all, I can't really say how this happened. I just started getting this error out of no where, and now every time I try to install something or execute an application it gives me the error

C:>>Foldername<<\>>computername<<\>>programname<<<.exe

The hande is invalid.

Any ideas what might be causing this ?

Edited by lWildfirel, 25 August 2008 - 04:03 PM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use this link and run EXE file association fix.

lWildfirel

lWildfirel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I figured out my problem. You see I use process guard because I'm extremely paranoid and accidentally clicked on "Blocked New and Changed Applications" since most of the applications I was trying to install were new applications ;It wouldn't let me and would also block old applications that I had not added to the white list.

Thank you for the support I'm sure I will be able to use the link you gave me in the future.

Edited by lWildfirel, 26 August 2008 - 12:24 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.