Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can i improve my graphics and gaming graphics SUBSCORE on the WEI.

• Please log in to reply

Jusinzy

Jusinzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi people im new to this.. but il try to provide as much information as i can.

i struggle run games such as Assasins Creed, Kane and Lynch and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, possibly due to my low subscores on Graphics and Gaming Graphics on my WEI. So i would like to push both of these subscores as high as possible (4.5 is the MAX for my PC i believe)

I have learnt off the Microsft help website that any graphics card that doesn't support Microsoft DirectX 9 automatically receives a score of 1.0, regardless of other factors. Also that a video card using a driver that doesn't support Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) can't receive a score higher than 1.9. (DirectX 9 and WDDM are requirements for Windows Aero)

A new graphics card will help i'm guessing.. not sure what to buy..

My price range is anything between $40 to $80, $81 to $120 or $121 to $160 or even possibly up to $200 depending on how much my subscores for GRAPHICS and GAMING GRAPHICS will improve.

so I would please like any suggestions for a LOW END, a MID RANGE and a TOP END graphics cards to improve my BASE SUB SCORE OF 3.0!!!

MANY MANY THNKS IN ADVANCE!
I HOPE ALL THIS INFO HELPS YOU TO HELP ME!

my PC is:
processor- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
RAM- 3072MB
graphics card- GEFORCE 7050 256MB
with Win Vista Home Premium

my WEI score at the moment is:
COMPONENT SUBSCORE
Processsor 5.9
Memory (RAM) 4.5
Graphics 3.2
Gaming Graphics 3.0
Primary Hard disk 5.9

Advertisements

Hex_Bug

Hex_Bug

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You'll have to buy a better card to get the score up.

I just purchased a Radeon HD 2600XT for around $140 from Newegg.com. Brought my gaming score up to a 5.2.