Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blank Screen HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Quicksilver1427

Quicksilver1427

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Guys. So I've been struggling with my computer for a while now and it reached it's peak today. A while back, when I turn my computer on, After the motherboard screen is shown it goes directly to a blank screen with a white line blinking in the top left hand corner. Usually it only stays on for about 15-30 secs and then xp boots. Now XP doesn't boot at all. I tried booting from CD, here's the weird part, but XP loads when I boot from CD. :) After I reformatted I downloaded SP3 and other "high priority downloads." After I rebooted my screen came up all pixelated with different colors. A tech guy that I know said maybe the recent updates that were downloaded conflicted with my video drivers. My question is really the blinking screen. What does that tell me? Is it hardware, maybe faulty? Bad hard drive? I bought a new hard drive, formatted xp on it and the same thing happened. So i switched back to my old HDD and now I'm trying to figure out what the [bleep] is going on. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Advertisements