Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rundll32.exe failed to initalize (0xc0000005)

• Please log in to reply

cilot_26

cilot_26

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok yea i know yet another wonderful rundll32.exe failed to initalize (0xc0000005) error for you to fix :) this time from someone who is really bad at spelling so please bear with me

here is my situation

i run windows XP off a computer i put together myself (so no support from dell or some such) ... i have had no problems for the first year and a half since i built it so im confindent that it isnt something wrong with the hardware. recently there has been the infamous rundll32.exe (0xc0000005) error apperring on startup, click ok and one more time it shows up. click ok then go into task manager and start a new task of "my computer" all the icons show up along with 2 error messages for each one. ill click ok to get rid of all those and then for the most part everything runs smoothly. other than the fact that my computer wont except any cookies, cant get into most of my control pannel, my firewall shut off, as did my pop-up blocker. so i can still do stuff online but i have to right click and manually show all the pics and i cant change any settings on any of my sites and i cant get into anything that needs a username and password such as email, games, fourms (using computer at libary right now :) ;) :) ) anywho ive tried fixing this on my own for a couple of weeks now. i got "bitdeffender" and it took care of a bunch of bad stuff but not this problem. i also tried loading on Unbuntu to see if a change in OS would help at all but when i try to run in Unbuntu it will freeze before it loads.

if you need anymore info ill send it asap thanks :)

Advertisements