Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with monitor for laptop

• Please log in to reply

crroy71

crroy71

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My daughter stepped on her laptop, and broke the lcd screen. :)
It will not show anything except "digital" lines on it, you can not make out anything on it.
I have another monitor that I can hoop up to the laptop, but how do I get the display swapped over if I can not read the laptop monitor.
I can not right click and go to properties, in order to set the display to the other monitor.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Once connected, your laptop may automatically switch to the new external display or you may be required to press a sequence of keys in order to switch from the laptop to the external display

http://www.computerh...es/ch000801.htm

follow the link

crroy71

crroy71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I finally got it working!!

I didn't know that it was asking me to log in, of course I should have know do to that first but I couldn't see it. I didn't know her password, so when she got home from school, she typed it in. I hit fn. f5 a couple of times, and bingo!

Thanks so much for the help!