Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Webcam

• Please log in to reply

jho1

jho1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have this new webcam... a4 tech pk-720mj.. its working but the only thing is.. the image is upside-down.. the webcam is on the right side.. the webcam is on its correct position.. but the image is not.. is there somthing that i should do?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This can happen when the default USB 2.0 Webcam driver, supplied with Windows, is installed. Try downloading latest driver for your webcam. If it came with an install CD, then look through the setup Options or in the User's Guide to see if there is a software solution to change orientation of image.

It may even be inside the setup Options for your IM program that uses the WebCam.

If Messenger, click Messenger and select "My Webcam". In the window that opens, click the "File" menu, select "Preferences," and choose "Webcam". Click the "Camera Settings" button. There is usually a checkbox for "Invert Image" or "Mirror Vertical." Un-check this box if one exists. If you can't find this checkbox, try searching the other tabs.

Edited by Major Payne, 25 August 2008 - 11:44 PM.