Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN32/Adware.Virtumonde and WIN32/PrivacyRemover.M64 [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

quickdiversion

quickdiversion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem everyone else is having with the fake backround and the prompt to buy the antivirus. Except mine is very different in everyway. I can find any of the program names in the ctrl+alt+del screen. I can not find any xpgaurd or xp-gaurd things in the windows search. I can not locate any of the hkeys in regedit. I can also not download anything to my computer and it will not let me install any programs either. I have had malwarebyte for a while now on my computer but it will not let me update it. I have run 3 complete scans with that program and it has come up with the same things and deleted them each time but the problem continues. it will not let me run any spyware or adware programs I have installed saying it is not online to run them. I can get online to use websites but it is slow. I am posting this at work and trying to download different programs to try and get rid of it and I will post results for them when I get home

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Advertisements

Egwene

Egwene

Member 2k

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,141 posts
Hello quickdiversion !

Welcome to the site! :) My name's Egwene and I'll be helping clean up your computer. :) I'm currently looking over your log. I am still in training here, so there might be a delay between my replies as they need to be checked by an expert before I can post them. I'll need a bit of time to research your log fully, so please bear with me.

Before we proceed to clean your computer from malware, let's go over some points that will help both me and you, and prevent causing damage to your computer:
  • To make sure that you receive an email when I reply to this topic, please click here and check that this topic is listed under Malware Removal - HijackThis™ Logs Go Here.
  • Please don't be afraid to ask questions! No question is considered dumb here. It's better to be safe than sorry!
  • When posting logs, please ensure Wordwrap is turned off in Notepad (to check, open Notepad click on Format | Uncheck Word Wrap)
  • Please follow the steps exactly in the same order posted. If you can't perform a certain step, or you're unsure on what to do, please stop and let me know.
  • NEVER fix anything in HijackThis or other programs on your own! This can be very dangerous and cause harm to your system. If you see a certain entry or program you're unsure about, please don't hesitate to ask!
  • Make sure you reply to this thread using the Add Reply button: Posted Image

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

Egwene

Egwene

Member 2k

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,141 posts
Hey quickdiversion,

First i would like to check something, so please do the following handling :

Posted ImageClick here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Regards,
Egwene.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.