Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want Vista to load ALL the image previews in a folder

• Please log in to reply

Triskaidekaphobia

Triskaidekaphobia

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, I have a lot of high resolution digital camera pictures and I have set their containing folders to the "Extra Large Icons" view.
The problem is that Explorer only seems to load one screen's worth of image previews/thumbnails at a time, so if you scroll down a bit, it has to load each line of thumbnails as you get to it, which is a bit "stop-start".
I would like to know how to load the thumbnails for ALL the files in a folder BEFORE scrolling through them. This way, I can wait for 5 minutes at the start for everything in the folder to load, but then all the previews are already cached, and I can just scroll through without having to wait for every line of images. Ideally, I would pre-load all the previews for all my image folders.

It is not particularly slow at loading the previews; I have a Quad-Core Pentium and 3GB of RAM - but I would just like them all to be ready before I start scrolling through.

Is this possible?

Many thanks

Advertisements