Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited Connectivity - cable internet

• Please log in to reply

shan555

shan555

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello,

I am having an issue with my cable internet (through comcast). The ethernet cord is connected to my laptop and what used to be a sporadic limited connectivity issue is now constant. I've talked with Comcast support and the technician came out and they cannot figure out the issue.

I am running on Windows Vista.

Every couple of minutes the internet connection icon gets the yellow symbol in front of it (limited connectivity) and then sometimes it will come back by itself, but usually I have to right click on it and hit "diagnose and repair" and run through the usual steps until it finds it again.

I am the only computer connected in the home. The modem is through Comcast but let me know if you need the name. I've tried a number of things but to no avail. I read online this might be an issue with IPV6 so I disabled the IPv6 on my local area connection. (tcp/ip V6)

I read another forum similar to this and went to My Computer - Device Manager - Network adaptors and there are a few. I am noting currently that the isatap one (isatap EA93F0D7-BF44-4E5E-AE56-86BAC2AE47FE) has the yellow sign in front of it, but the Broadcom 802.11b /g WLAN does not.

I don't know much about networking/internet connections, so I kindly ask for any help you can provide.

I have McAfee Suite and I am clear of viruses however I did notice a strange process running called svrhost.exe. I am not sure if this is a virus or could be related, but mcafee is not catching it...

Thank you!

Advertisements