Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Account Problem

• Please log in to reply

oh_snap

oh_snap

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey all,
I'm not sure how to explain my problem, but here's a rundown of what I'm having troubles with...
I have 2 accounts on my PC using Windows XP. One account is working properly and everything seems to be fine. The other account isn't recognizing programs, my printer, and when I try to change other windows settings (such as window themes, wallpaper, ect.) nothing takes effect. I tried opening an MS Word document and it gave me a few prompts and failed to recognize the printer when trying to print. I'm not sure if it's a restore problem, or what. If someone could tell me if this is a quick fix or if I need some other type of help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

-oh_snap

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Make a new account, move everything from it to the new one and delete the old account if the problem exists only with the one account.