A couple of months ago I attempted to troubleshoot what I thought was a malware issue. The only thing I discovered- with the help of greyknight- was that it in fact wasn't malware, but some type of software or Windows issue. Thread can be seen here for reference.
In a nutshell:
- I have a serious freezing problem. Once the laptop enters screensaver mode, it stays there. I'm kind of captive on the computer once I turn it on, because it will freeze if I leave it idle.
- The following file, C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\gdiplus.dll, is either corrupt or a virus. I cannot perform a scan of my system with any adware/malware program, because as soon as it reaches that file, it freezes.
- The following file, C:\System Volume Informat...}\RP175\A0018261.dll, causes the same reaction as the first one I mentioned.
- "Unable to reconnect all network drives". I see this all the time, now.
- I'm missing many of the skins to icons that used to have them.
I don't know exactly what's going on, but my system used to be great and now has decided to suck. Thanks in advance for any help!