Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
A good workman allways cleans up after himself so...Download and run this small programme and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself
Now to get you off to a good start we will clean your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your restore points, but this is my method:
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
- On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
- Click NEXT
- Enter a name e.g. Clean
- Click CREATE
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
- In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
- Click OK
- The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
- Select the More Options Tab.
- At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
- Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done
To manually create a new Restore Point
- Go to Control Panel and select System and Maintenance
- Select System
- On the left select Advance System Settings and accept the warning if you get one
- Select System Protection Tab
- Select Create at the bottom
- Type in a name i.e. Clean
- Select Create
- Go back to the System and Maintenance page
- Select Performance Information and Tools
- On the left select Open Disk Cleanup
- Select Files from all users and accept the warning if you get one
- In the drop down box select your main drive i.e. C
- For a few moments the system will make some calculations
- Select the More Options tab
- In the System Restore and Shadow Backups select Clean up
- Select Delete on the pop up
- Select OK
- Select Delete
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free program:
- SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
- SuperAntispyware Run weekly to keep your system clean
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?