Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP MALWARE?

• Please log in to reply

alanwearing

alanwearing

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi
I have recently encountered problem with my pc, it throws me out of some programmes (front page) and prevents me from accesing some websites it is running slow and behaving strangely I susoect some form of malware exists, I can not run windows update or system restore.
I have several spyware and antivirus programmes but non will resolve this issue....Hope someone can help?

Regards

Alan

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Please go to the malware removal section here.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Read this thread first please.

alanwearing

alanwearing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Please read their posts properly if you want help

- Ror

alanwearing

alanwearing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi
I have checked add and remove programmes for the items you suggested but none are present
I have tried to download the outerinfo uninstaller but my browser will not navigate to it, it says connection interupted.

Alan

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Make a topic in the malware removal forum

alanwearing

alanwearing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Make a topic in the malware removal forum

Hi
Can you please advise what I can do to rid my computer of the problems I have?

Regards

Alan

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there :)

We can't help you in this section of the forums. This is more or less to keep some order and make sure we can reply to as many people as possible.

Read this thread first.
Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems.
If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log in this forum for the experts to analyze.
If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

Just a heads up ... replying to your own thread will likely make you wait LONGER as it makes you appear to be receiving help already.