Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Importing outlook messages from old HD

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Hi there, I'm having problems Importing outlook messages from old HD to the new HD. I keep getting a message saying: no messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has required the files to be open.

I went to the outlook on my current drive and selected file, import, messages, and opened my old outlook in e drive
seems like I changed the main identity or something

Ok I figured out how to import the message by searching *.db* (plus in hidden files) and then dragged them into a folder on desktop and imported them from that folder. Now I need to find the address book. Any suggestions?

thx in advance

Edited by clixto, 28 August 2008 - 11:15 AM.

Advertisements

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello, clixto. I found this Microsoft article that offers some nice tips on importing, backing up and saving outlook data. It seems it details some steps on how to get your address book back. There is also another Microsoft article that talks more about Windows Xp's address book.

Good luck!

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Cool thanks for your help.