Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wiped Laptop

• Please log in to reply

bankercrystal

bankercrystal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought a wiped laptop and all that comes up is the missing NTLDR thing. I have my discs to load, but I don't know how to do it. The computer is a Sony Vaio.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Welcome to geeks to go.

We will need a little more info.
What age is the laptop?
I assume that there is no OS on it since it was wiped.
What disks do you have?
Are they retail, OEM, restore cd's?
I assume you have a license?
Do you have a drivers cd for the laptop?
If not, depending on the cd, you may have to search for a driver on the internet. We can help if needed.
A re-install should not be a major undertaking.

bankercrystal

bankercrystal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, if I sound stupid, it is because I have no clue what I am talking about so here goes. I have no idea the year, but on the bottom of the computer it says Model PCG-643L Sony Notebook Computer DC19.5V. It has a docking station with a cd drive and a disc drive. On the sticker on the bottom it must of at one time had windows xp. I have windows xp, the discs are from my home computer that came with it when I bought it. I want to load the Windows xp, Microsoft office and Lynksys for wireless control.

It does not have an OS, which I assume means operating system. Just that missing that NTLDR thing, when I rebott, it does not give me a setup option, it just goes directly back to the same message.

Finding a driver on the internet............I have no clue how or what all this computer language means. Does this info help?

Thanks,
Crystal