Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats wrong with my mouse?

• Please log in to reply

Yukai

Yukai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
the cursor on my other computer is not showing up, no matter how many times i reboot. does anyone know how i can fix this? i couldn't find a trouble shoooter for it on this computer, so i don't know what to do. both computers run on Windows XP, by the way. Thanks for any help that can be offered. Someone told me that it could be because of my wireless mouse, but i'm not sure, since sometimes when i start it up you can see the cursor for a few seconds. i don't have a regular mouse, so i don't know what to do.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
does the mouse not work on either computer? if not I'd say replace the mouse.... if no mouse will work on either you could try the other type of mouse ( either usb or ps/2 ) depending on what you have now... you could also use the f8 key on boot to go to safe mode to see if the mouse works there....

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
install or reinstall the drivers for the cordless mouse...they are on the cd that came with the mouse when
you bought it...if you cant find the cd ...go to the manufactures website and download it from them

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
guess I missed that this is wireless... another thing with the wireless mice there is usually a reset button on the mouse and on the reciever that gets plugged into the computer... you sometimes have to reset both.... also check the batteries in the mouse.