Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D drive won't work + "Restore Active Desktop"

• Please log in to reply

GWats

GWats

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
On my other computer (Windows ME; not connected to the internet), I get the "Restore Active Desktop" wallpaper almost every time I start up. This has been going on for a long time and goes back to normal when I click "Restore Active Desktop". Recently, my CD-ROM drive does not recognize any disks that I put in it. This had been an "off and on" problem for months but now it won't recognize anything. This computer is mostly used for the kids and their games but I can't do a thing with it now. Any ideas? I've run scandisk and defrag already.
Thanks

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Is the drive recognized in bios?

If you don't know what this is post the name brand, model name and model number of the computer.

Rick