Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task manager not open and orkut also not open

• Please log in to reply

Rishik

Rishik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there!

I used my friend's pendrive and a malware has embedded itself in my PC.

When I try to open up firefox, the below pop-up appears and crashes firefox.

Try something else, IE and Opera are not so bad...!
-SAM-

When I press ctrl+alt+delete to view the processes, a pop up says the following and shuts the task manager down instantly.

What's wrong with the processes?
-SAM-

I was able to end the process by using AVG antispyware program. However, the problem would come back after rebooting.

I suppose the malware has embedded itself in the registry.

It would would be great if you could provide me with a complete and permanent solution to this.

Thank you.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Rishik, Welcome to Geeks-To-Go. My name is GravityGripp and I'll be assisting you with your issues.

Please note that I am still in training and will be working with an expert on these issues so there may be a slight delay in my responses.

If I have not responded to you in a time period longer than 4 days, please feel free to PM me.

The first thing that I need for you to do is visit this post and follow the directions there before we can proceed. You Must Read This Before Posting

When you've obtained a HiJackThis log, please post it in a reply to this post.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you. :)