Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restarts if i leave for some time

• Please log in to reply

Kalo93

Kalo93

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
hey, its me again, im here with my new Acer laptop and running on windows vista.

i have been trying to host a serveer by leaving my laptop on over night. but when i come back to it in th morning, i can see that somehow it has been restarted.

is there a way i can stop it from happening?

Advertisements

Scott Mead

Scott Mead

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
after it restarts, does it say anything that it downloaded and installed updates? If so that is automatic windows updates that can be disabled in the control panel>security center> from there you can disable automatic updates

Kalo93

Kalo93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
ill do that too, i think i found the problem

i went into control panel, then system settings, clicked a few things, then there was an option to enable or disable automatic restarting.

Scott Mead

Scott Mead

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ya new computers tend to have alot of updates, and by default it checks for updates around 2am - 3am and restarts automaticly, and in your case your comp as a server so disabling automatic updates and automatic restarting needs to be disabled, you can still have automatic updates but install updates and rebooting is controled by you :)

Glad ya figured it out