Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Virus

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi.

Recently I have received several emails (usually 2-3 daily) which Norton intercepted. The viruses were in an attachment. Norton deleted most of them, but quarintined 7 of them. I tried to examie them but got a message saying the file was not affected, and when I tried to submit them to Norton was told these were not suitable to submit, but I sent one anyway!

My question is, can i delete them? And can I delete the backups which Norton made of the other deleted emails?

My next question is I have a new laptop with Norton 2005 AV, but I also have Norton System Works 2003. I would like to install this as it has Cleansweep etc. Is it safe to do this now, or should I delete these quarintined viruses first?

My LAST question; is there any way to tell where these emails are coming from? They all appear to come from various different email addresses but look very similiar. Also they each seem to be connected to sites with a common theme - weddings! Perhaps the virus hijacked someones address book, I dont know. Maybe I should post this part as a seperate post..??

Hope its not all too confusing...many thanks!

K

Advertisements