Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help wid dis problem

• Please log in to reply

shubhank

shubhank

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello

my account in my computer is an administrator one.......but when i turn on the guest account or create a LIMITED account for any other users ....those users are also able to DELETE d folders n do other things....this should not be happening.....as much as i know the LIMITED useres can only access data but cannot delete them!!!!!!!

plz help i want to secure my data!!!

one thing more my internet connections are not available in other accounts....how to make it available to other users so that dey can use it.

thnx

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Limited accounts can do pretty much anything an Administrator account can. Administrators can make changes that affect other users of the computer so its purely more settings based than anything else whereas Limited accounts cannot make those changes. Deleting data is not a change that affects other users as such.

Typically an internet connection is available through all accounts if its a network based or Wi-Fi network. Dial-up connections can be specified to exist on a per-account basis or across all accounts.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
wow...that was really hard to read...is they that much harder to type than dey? the that much harder than d?

shubhank

shubhank

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Limited accounts can do pretty much anything an Administrator account can. Administrators can make changes that affect other users of the computer so its purely more settings based than anything else whereas Limited accounts cannot make those changes. Deleting data is not a change that affects other users as such.

Typically an internet connection is available through all accounts if its a network based or Wi-Fi network. Dial-up connections can be specified to exist on a per-account basis or across all accounts.

hey man plz tell me what should i do.....once u delete data from other accounts its also deleted from the system....n also i've dial-up connections n i've tried everything but they do not appear in other accounts!!!!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

hey man plz tell me what should i do.....once u delete data from other accounts its also deleted from the system....n also i've dial-up connections n i've tried everything but they do not appear in other accounts!!!!

The delete data I've already explained - you can't prevent it.
As to the accounts exactly what sort of internet connection do you have and what are you trying to do? With all due respect you've spoken at length and said almost nothing at the same time. While its great on the politics scene, it doesn't do anybody any favours here I'm afraid :)