Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

usb 2.0

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have an older computer(single core azus board 2.0 GHZ) but it only has a 1.0USB. I want to use it when I babysit my grandkids to watch NETFLIX movies or PBS kids but I am using a USB wireless and it is to slow so the feed hesitates now and then.

I tried installing a PCI card to no avail

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
As the PCI speed is right at 132 Mbps and USB 2.0 is at 60Mbps, if you had installed the drivers a USB 2.0 PCI card should have given you USB 2.0 speeds. The only thing i can thing here is you bought a PCI USB 2.0 card that has no drivers. Buy a good card.

And read this microsoft article.

You will need to have the XP SP1 operating system on your computer for USB 2.0 to work. Win ME and Win 98 will need third party drivers for USB 2.0.