Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse problem

• Please log in to reply

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Recently, my mouse has been acting odd. When clicking with the left button once, the computer sometimes registers two clicks. However, these two clicks are at seemingly impossible speeds. The times this occurs is random, and I've done nothing odd to the mouse recently.

This problem does not seem to be shared with the right button, and it seems to be working normally.

Could overuse of it or button mashing have caused the interior of the mouse to be altered? Or could malware have caused it? On my old computer that was used for 4 years, the mouse never had a problem like this (they aren't USB mouses).

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Well with all due respect if somebody kept clicking you hundreds of times a week I'm sure you'd eventually break as well. :)
Most likely the button's broke, worn out or stuck. Like most things even the mouse button can wear out.

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I was hoping it was just that...

Great... My warranty just ran out a few weeks ago.

Oh well, mouses don't cost that much these days.