Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Probs

• Please log in to reply

davyburns

davyburns

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi
I have 3 PC's on a windows xp pro network through a router, and everything has been fine for over a year. suddenly, one of the pc's wont accept any shortcuts or access into anything, although I can see the 3 PC's in "view worgroup computers"
The other 2 pc's work fine
Thanks in advance
davy

Advertisements

davyburns

davyburns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi, I have since, created a new workgroup and ran the network wizard on all 3 pc's still no joy. Funny thing is, there's a printer attached to the 2 pc's that wont talk to each other, and they both print ok from all 3 machines.
Its got me stumped.
to recap PC A will talk to PC C, PC B will talk to PC C, but PC A wont talk to PC B
Any offers?
Davy

davyburns

davyburns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Anyone with the same problems, the answer is to up the value in the registry string DWORD :

Edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters and set IPStackSize to 25
if the key doesnt exist, make one.

This should be done on each of the PC's and it will work (Well, it did on mine)
Davy