Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet/PC dead sleep/lose phone

• Please log in to reply

Judie777

Judie777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am completely stumped. Here's the problem in steps..
I HAD Norton which expired the 1st week in August. I had no anti-virus program for 2 days and thats when this started. I then bought the AVG 8.0 program. Since I got that, I have run XSoftSE, I paid for the Error Smart program, I called Norton because I needed their quarantine file removed, I called RoadRunner and they insist its my hub but then they ALWAYS say that no matter what the problem. Its been there forever without any issues. I have updated Microsoft, I've updated the IE to the 7, I just downloaded and ran the malware program posted here in the intro to the site........ I've sent the HJT report to that company 3x and what they've had me remove did nothing. This was what started....Remember I am NOT a tech person and will sincerely appreciate step by step things to do. :)
1. The net would freeze no matter the browser, i.e., IE or Firefox. The mouse will still work, and my phone dial tone would still be there.
2. My PC started to go into the deep sleep mode on its own after I'm off for awhile. When it does this I lose my phone connection. I have an internet phone service out of CA that has been fine for a year with no issues. If I turn on my phone, then off, then on again, it resets the dial tone until my PC goes to sleep again. I got a new phone yesterday, a GE Cordless 6.0 so thats not the problem. Its the only phone in the house.
I have done everything! I have run so many malware, spyware, anti virus programs until my PC sqEEEKKKSSS! The start up is fast, the PC is fast, I just don't know what else to do.
P.S. The only infection brought up with your malware was this one and it fixed it:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{a26503fe-b3b8-4910-a9dc-9cbd25c6b8d6} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

P.S. The web comes to a stand still most often at iwon.com and aol.com when I'm live. It eventually gets moving again. After the PC wakes up from its deep sleep it also takes a good 30-60 seconds before the browsers will come up.
******Update***** I took Firefox out of my computer. Several sites seemed to have issues yesterday so I just got rid of it. This morning, lo and behold, my computer was not sunk into that deep sleep mode, but my phone was still off and I had to reset it. Any clues/? Thanks.!

Edited by Judie777, 31 August 2008 - 02:17 AM.

Advertisements