Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

May have a viris

• Please log in to reply

VEW

VEW

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Several months ago I noticed it took 1 full min. the 1st time to open any program after start up Shortly after I could not emty blocked items from outlook express plus approx 30% of emails go into the deleted box. Yesterday I was using Dragon Naturly Speaking program after taking a 15 min. break then when I attempted to turn on the mic. a pop up said that it could not load my files the reason was I had chosen LARGE when Dragon was installed and my comp memory must be 512 MB or more. I have used this software for the last 6 years in my last 3 computers with no problem. I opened systrm info. and found my total visual memery is 2.00 GB my available visual memery is 1.96 GB. My computer does reconize the memory to operate Dragon. Please Advise VEW

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello VEW and welcome to Geeks To Go

I am not sure if this is malware related but there is no harm getting the once over so please read this post here and then post your problem here.

We are unable to assist in malware removal in this forum.

Yesterday I was using Dragon Naturly Speaking program after taking a 15 min. break then when I attempted to turn on the mic. a pop up said that it could not load my files the reason was I had chosen LARGE when Dragon was installed and my comp memory must be 512 MB or more.

With this pc which says it must have more than 512MB of ram does it have 512MB of ram or more? also how many applications do you have open while trying to do this?

Regards