Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Teatimer - Good? or Bad?

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
A few months ago I updated SpyBot S&D and must have inadvertently chosen to install Teatimer (didn't have it previously). My system (XP Home) has been running slower (at times) since. Is it all that useful ?? (If not, can it be removed easily?)

I periodically (usually weekly) scan my PC for spyware (with SpyBot and Ad-Aware) and for viruses (with Avg 8).

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
TeaTimer = pointless gimmick. In my opinion.
Right click on it in the taskbar and click on the appropriate option to tell it to go forth and multiply. In Spybot there should be an option to set TeaTimer not to say hey anymore.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I would disagree with you

TeaTimer has proven to be very good at stopping malware from getting on users PCs. If you want to be sure your PC stays clean, keep using it

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Previous experience of TeaTimer suggests that all it does is tell you that something's changed and do you want to allow it. Since a lot of users click yes on every box that comes up without reading it would suggest that there's a major flaw in the logic behind this program. In my opinion anyway.