Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

avi file is broken

• Please log in to reply

gambino

gambino

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi, im not to sure where this topic is supose to be so im sorry if its in the wrong place. i got this documentry on dnd and saved it onto my hard drive. When i tried playing the avi film useing VLC media player it kept saying avi file is broken and wouldnt play. i clicked on repair damaged avi file but only lik first 30 seconds of the documentry worked. Is ther any way of repairing the file so i can watch the whole documentry or is ther no hope? thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, what happens if you play it off the DVD? What documentary is it? If its a commercial documentary it's most likely copy protected and designed to break when its not being played "in accordance with the licence agreements stipulated when you opened it". Or words to that effect on the original box.

gambino

gambino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
it worked on a dvd player, i copied the film onto my pc as it was my mates. its a channel for documentry/film called britz. i gave the orignal film back to my mate so im not to sure about that liscence agreement and so on. so is there no way of me being able to reapir the film?