Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with new speakers (Logitech x 540)

• Please log in to reply

spitfire1234

spitfire1234

• Pip
  • 2 posts
just finished setting up my new logitech x540 speakers and after testing it out i noticed that the sound is coming from everywhere except the centre speaker.

Can anyone help me out?

my sound card is the sb live! e800

any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Your speaker is 5.1. does ur card support 5.1 speaker support? is 5.1 enabled in your audio control panel!!! also check if ur sound card supports 5.1!!! couldnt find any support for ur sound card online

spitfire1234

spitfire1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey phillip, Im pretty sure my card is 5.1 but i also couldn t find any support for it online. Yes i did make sure the settings are correct in control panel and also triple checked all the wiring is correct.

Im stumped

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
try installing the latest drivers for your sound card

I saw this in wikipedia for original LIVE!. i mean older version of Live! which does not support 5.1

These are the original releases of the Live! family. The Live! Value is identical to the full Live! with the exception that it has color coded plastic connectors instead of gold, lacks the internal CD_SPDIF connector and does not include the extended digital I/O card. For details on the original Live! including the Gold edition, marketing strategy, and design faults, see Sound Blaster Live! (Original)

Edited by Philip Kingsley, 01 September 2008 - 11:29 AM.