Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

How did you hear about Geeks to Go?

• Please log in to reply

CrAzY_J

CrAzY_J

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
google

Advertisements

TwiztidNinja

TwiztidNinja

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
googled vb6 forum

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I was referered here from another site for info and help with hi-jackthis.

guymontech

guymontech

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I was searching a problem I was trying to fix and ran across the site! Glad to be here!

Becky

free-forums.org

free-forums.org

• Pip
  • 6 posts
searching on google for an answer... and guess what. i found my answer on this forum :tazz:

coollivinghp

coollivinghp

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
google.com :tazz:

Edited by coollivinghp, 24 June 2005 - 09:22 PM.

swbpe1

swbpe1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) Hi all,
I heard about Geeks to Go when my daughters PC had a problem with the 540 Filost problem. I read all the advice on the removal and I think that its OK now. The advice was in plain English and for a non expert like me, who can read instructions, that was good. Keep up the excellent work and many thanks for help so far.
..........now if I can just get MSN working agin, daughter will be a happy bunny.... :tazz:

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
well basically i was searching for a solution to the power settings in XP and found your site.
I enjoyed helping people, I am always here everyday!

mazx

mazx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found you by ..........screaming,panicing,turning a funny shade of red,wishing I was a pc geek.........then typing "HELP pc geek needed" in my search engine...........and on that note I'm very pleased to meet you all ........I'm still searching to see if my question may already have been answered and trying to fix the probs I have..... myself (I normally fail at this )so no doubt I'll be posting again ........ty 4 info

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
trying to see if anyone had a cheaper way of sharing exchange contact lists across domains in different forrests.....still no luck...so all of you cross your fingers for me for when the company gives the go ahead for the active directory restructure.

Advertisements

BairbreJ

BairbreJ

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi Jake,

I also googled my way here. I've been having problems with my PC since April and I couldn't afford anymorfe PC DR bills so I've been doing a lot of reading about PC security in an effort to gain control of this situation. The more I read the more I came to feel like I had surfed onto another planet with a whole different language disguised as English. :tazz:

This place kept popping up on the search results and Hey, I understood what they said. I watched what was going on here and a few other forums like this for a couple of months or better.

I liked this place for several reasons:

Maybe I didn't understand what the heck they were telling people to do or why they did it but at least they gave directions in fairly clear and precise English that I could follow. Probably. ;)

The Techs are friendly and courteous. They are patient and kind to novices and they stick with such a person until everything is done. On the other hand, they don't condescend to someone with a higher level of expertise. He or she gets the information they want and off they go.

The forum format is user friendly. I could poke around as a guest and get a feel for how things worked.

There seemed to be an awful lot of happy customers.

B

DragonflyLilly

DragonflyLilly

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I did a search in Google for Windows XP Help and your place showed up ranking #1

Luna1

Luna1

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Found it by Google when searching for a solution for a problem i couldn`t solve without someone`s help (which i got from one of your members). :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I found you by ..........screaming,panicing,turning a funny shade of red,wishing I was a pc geek.........then typing "HELP pc geek needed" in my search engine...........and on that note I'm very pleased to meet you all ........I'm still searching to see if my question may already have been answered and trying to fix the probs I have..... myself (I normally fail at this )so no doubt I'll be posting again ........ty 4 info

View Post

I couldn't help it...I HAD to try this. I typed into Google "HELP pc geek needed" exactly like that. And...you're right! We were the number 1 hit!! :) :tazz:

Glad you found us! ;)

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I found it thru google while trying to fix the Winfixer 2005 crap... When in doubt, google it!