Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with Avast!

• Please log in to reply

Imperfect

Imperfect

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
If this post has nothing to do with applications then I'm really sorry for putting it in the wrong category but I don't really know what category it actually does belong in. Anyway, I was doing a full scan of my computer with avast! Antivirus 4.8 Home Edition and at the end it showed me a list of infected files that it could not repair or move to the chest because they are password protected. Though I scanned the computer on an account that was not considered the computer administrator, I then logged on as the computer administrator and tried to see if I could bring up the results of the previous virus scan, which I could not do. As a result, this has led me to two very important questions:

How do I view the results of the most recently performed scan when using avast!?

How do I repair infected files that are password protected?

I don't know if this information will help you understand my problem, but the files which were password protected had something to do with Spybot Search & Destroy.

Edited by Imperfect, 30 August 2008 - 06:08 PM.

Advertisements