Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP always boots into safe mode, and reboots

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I repaired XP because i made a hard drive change, and wanted to boot into safe mode, so i selected the SAFEBOOT.INI feature. Problem is, i can now only boot into safe mode, and i get an error message telling me windows cant boot in safe mode, thus rebooting my computer, and restarting the cycle. I tried booting normally, and basically everything in the F8 menu, all yielding the same result, a boot into safe mode. Help, please.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More than likely you will now have to start over agaion. You will need a XP CD and you will do a clean install. First you will need to get into the bios ( usually the delete key while the computer is booting up)and set the first boot device as the cdrom drive. While you do this open the cdrom drive and insert the XP CD and close the drive. Save the settings in the bios by hitting the Esc key till you get the "Do you want to save your changes" window, then hit the F10 key and let the computer reboot. When the computer reboots you should be able to reinstall XP.