Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help me get a new comp:)

• Please log in to reply

stalksuk

stalksuk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey! Could any of you recommend me a good gaming computer? I'd rather buy a pre-built one than building one myself. I havea limit of £1800. I want a decent computer that can run the top games, and the new games to come :)

I was looking at the dell xps 630, any suggestions? :)

Advertisements

aminal

aminal

• Pip
  • 4 posts
As a rule of thum i'd say DON'T buy a Dell, my experience with em has been bad - they use cheap components and when something goes wrong their customer service isnt great.

I've never bought a system from them but I know Overclockers.co.uk and awd-it.co.uk do custom made gaming systems and you can buy em pre-overclocked, plus you can choose not to buy a new monitor/keyboard/speakers as you probly already have that stuff... theres plenty of websites like that around, i've only ever bought bits off em, not whole systems so I can't vouch for em but i think you'd be better off that way.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
IMO, if it's going to be a gaming machine the only way to go is to build it yourself.

Is there any particular reason you do not wish to build the machine yourself?