Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i find my air

• Please log in to reply

Carlykrazy

Carlykrazy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I cancelled my comcast acct and got a air card...works beautifully!! but i do notice a problem.
I tried sending a message though my windows outlook/mail program and it keeps saying:[/color]
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

he rejected e-mail address was xxxxxxxxxxxx. Subject xxxxxxxxx)', Account: 'pop.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

I called at&t and they said basically call someone who cares, cuz they didn't even know.... so then he says call at&t tech support and so i did, they told me basically the same thing and Their is no address through an air card. I told them THEY are my ISP and they need to give me a domain name or whatever it is i need to enter into outlook..... they said to call windows cuz it's their program. Then windows tech's said it's up to my ISp to provide me with this info....WHY PLEASE TELL ME, WHY IS EVERYONE LAME HOLES???/

The last resort is i tried using my yahoo and this is what i did: Starting from the beginning it asks for an e-mail address, so i put xxxxxx then it asks for the pop3 incoming, which i put pop.mail.yahoo.com and outgoing smtp.yahoo.com..(which all this yahoo said to type in)
Still no go. I think i have tried everything. and AT&T stands by it when they say They cannot give me a Outgoing pop or smtp thing....HELP SOMEONE PLEASE

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi Carlykrazy, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Who provides your email, that is to say, what is the part after the @ sign in your email address? The error you're seeing indicates that you are trying to send email through Comcast's email ([email protected]) but the username or password is wrong. Try taking these steps to resolve this error, if you would like to keep sending mail using [email protected].

1. Open Windows Mail, select the Tools menu and click Accounts.
2. Select your Comcast.net email account under Mail and click the Properties button.
3. Verify the server information as the following:
Incoming mail (POP3): mail.comcast.net
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.comcast.net
4. From the Properties window, select the Servers tab and check the My server requires authentication box under Outgoing Mail Server. Then click the Settings box.
5. On the Outgoing Mail Server window, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click the OK button.
6. Back in the Properties window, click the Advanced tab. Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port from 25 to 587.
7. Click Apply, then click the OK button.
8. Click Close in the Internet Accounts window.

Unless you are paying for Yahoo Mail Plus! you will not be able to use Windows Mail to send or recieve emails using [email protected] - that will have to be done from the internet.

Edited by The Admiral, 01 September 2008 - 07:46 AM.