Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Msn & Anitivrus?

• Please log in to reply

Mevi

Mevi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey, a lot of people are sending me files through msn, once i got a virus like that :).... on msn u can make an automatic virus scan schortcut when u recieve a file, i dont know how to make that automatic virus scan shortcut :) i am using eset smart security...does anyone know how to make this? p.s the file must be exe...

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any decent anti-virus will scan files as soon as they're downloaded if real-time protection is on, or if not at least when you try to open it. So you may not need to change anything.

Mevi

Mevi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
even if i download sometin through msn?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
With all due respect, please read my post again.
Also if in doubt about the goodness of a file received through MSN, don't accept it.
You wouldn't buy a car if you had any doubts about whether it was roadworthy or not, so why do people download things without checking it isn't malicious?