Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Camera refuses to upload to my Computer

• Please log in to reply

wasillaresident

wasillaresident

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am using XP w/ SP2. I have been using a Canon PowerShot A530 w/ ZoomBrowser EX 5.6 software, and its worked great for two years. All of a sudden, I tried to upload photos to my computer and the green light (that usually blinks fast just before upload) turns on briefly then stops. I haven't dropped or damaged the camera in any way. The only changes I've made since the last time the camera upload was successful was to: 1. installed DSL and 2. did a few administrator setting tweaks as suggested on the geek site (disabled some networking stuff). I went back and turned all of those tweaks back on and it didn't change anything. I used my husbands camera (he as a Cannon but an older model) to see if the problem was in the computer, but it wouldn't upload photos from his camera either. Anyone have any idea whats going on here? I'm desperate! I've got a load of photos to take. Thanks. :)

Edited by wasillaresident, 31 August 2008 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
have a look at device manager settings... see if the camera is detected there... sometimes the device gets disable automatically... if its disabled after u connect, then enable it... or try using card reader...

wasillaresident

wasillaresident

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

have a look at device manager settings... see if the camera is detected there... sometimes the device gets disable automatically... if its disabled after u connect, then enable it... or try using card reader...

Now I AM confused.....it is listed on my control panel under programs, but not on the device manager. Now what?

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
well... can u tell in detail about the changes u did? esp the administrative tweaks

DSL means? Digital subscriber line???

Edited by Philip Kingsley, 01 September 2008 - 01:31 AM.